Version 2 of HY-MPS.
VST2 and AUv3, 32/64bit for Windows and Mac
free/$40 (free update for ver.1 user)
Win : Windows7 or higher
Mac : OSX 10.9 or higher
Changes of version2
- Aux control is replaced to timing shift control
- Added step “Slur”
- Added clock multiplier to each seq block
- Added custom scale mode
- Step size of Block chainer 16 > 64
- Now block chainer can trigger snapshot of seq block
- Modulation units 2 > 4
- Added 4 new modulation engines(Prob LFO, Step LFO, Multipoint Env, Sample&Hold)
- Negative Swing depth
- Improved plugin gui
It’s a block based step sequencer.
There are 8 sequencer blocks which can be controlled independently(step size, speed, direction).
Block chainer is a step sequencer for triggering sequencer blocks.
There are 4 modulation units available, they are used for modulating seq params and cc outputs.And each modulation unit has 5 modulation engines.
(LFO, Prob LFO, Step LFO, Multi Point Envelope, Sample & Hold)
Block chainer trigs seq blocks in any order.
This is the core of this plugin.
The sequencer window is consist of block chainer and sequencer blocks.
You can control modulation units and modulation matrix here.
There are 4 modulation units available and each one has 5 modulation engines.
- LFO : standard type LFO
- Prob LFO : probability based LFO
- Step LFO : step sequencer + LFO, you can trig different waveform per step
- MPE : multipoint envelope
- Sample&Hold : source signal generator + sample&hold
You can modulate internal sequencer parameters and control external midi parameters by these modulation units.
Please check the plugin manual for further information. Manual
- Load HY-MPS2 as an instrument
- Add another midi track
- Set “Midi From” menu like the picture left
- Turn on track arm button or set monitor “In” for receiving midi out
- Load HY-MPS
- Insert your instrument plugin after HY-MPS
- Load HY-MPS as an instrument
- Add another instrument track
- Open routing menu of new instrument track
- Set “Receives” menu HY-MPS
- Add instrument track and insert HY-MPS
- Add another instrument tack and insert your instrument
- Set instrument input HY-MPS, with this setting midi output of HY-MPS will be routed to the target track
- Add instrument track and insert HY-MPS
- Add another instrument track and insert your instrument
- Set midi input menu HY-MPS
- Turn on monitor button or speaker button of your instrument track
*If you use ASIO-Guard, set its level “normal” or “low“
1, Add instrument track and insert HY-MPS
2, Check “Enable Midi Output” Option
3, Add another instrument track and insert your instrument
4, Set midi input menu HY-MPS
1, Load HY-MPS as an instrument
2, Load your instrument
3, Set Midi Output Port of HY-MPS and Midi Input Port of your instrument same number
1, Load HY-MPS
2, Insert your instrument plugin after HY-MPS
v1.0.13(August 17, 2018)
This is a block base sequencer.
There are both free and commercial versions.
3 sequencer blocks
8 sequencer blocks + 2 LFO units
There are 8 sequencer blocks which produces midi note events.
Playback chain order of seq blocks will be controlled by block chainer.
Block chainer is a 16 step sequencer which controls chain order of seq blocks
Sequencer block is a step sequencer unit.
Full version have 8 seq block units.
You can make midi sequence with combining these seq blocks.
Also running direction and step size of each seq block can be set independently.
Each seq block represents a quarter note.
And step size represents divide factor.
So if you set step size 4, each step becomes 16th note.
step size 1(quater note / 1) = step length will be quater note.
step size 2(quater note / 2) = step length will be eight note.
step size 4(quater note / 4) = step length will be sixteen note.
step size 8(quater note / 8) = step length will be thirty-second note.
Relationship between Step Size and Note Length of Each Step
Block Chainer Controls Playback Order of Seq Blocks
In this case, step size of Block Chainer is 4 and running direction is forward.
step 1 of block chainer is seq block 1.
step 2 of block chainer is seq block 2.
step 3 of block chainer is seq block 3.
step 4 of block chainer is seq block 4.
So plyabck order of Seq Blocks will be 1 > 2 > 3 > 4.
You can make 8 snapshots of Block Chainer’s step value states.
v1.0(March 29, 2017)
v1.0.5(April 24, 2017)
• added snapshot copy/paste function
• now note display reflects root/scale settings
• aux target parameter didn’t work correctly(fixed)
• now LFO phase will be reset when sequencer is stopped
• Bpm sync of LFO didn’t work correctly(fixed)
• snapshot change didn’t work correctly(fixed)(free version only)
• quick preset change might cause plugin crash(fixed)
• added randomize/clear button for step on/off state
detail of v1.0.5
v18.104.22.168(May 1st, 2017)
• when you set step size of seq block bigger than 4.
note display didn’t work correctly(fixed)
• start point of block chainer didn’t be initialized correctly.
so when you load project file, block chainer start position might be set wrong position.
v1.1.0(May 26, 2017)
• added global speed(division) change function(full version only)
• added mute function
• added global randomize/clear button
• snapshots of Block Chainer didn’t recalled correctly(fixed)
• now midi output channel is no longer global parameter
v1.1.1(May 27, 2017)
• fixed global speed change issue.
v1.1.5(June 8, 2017)
• added custom scale function(full version only)
• fixed sync issue caused by global speed function(full version only)
v1.1.7(July 19, 2017)
• fixed when close/open plugin window, note display ignored root note setting
• improved UI rendering speed
• now when midi mute button is active, cc value out will be muted too
• added transpose on/off button
• added midi out ch lock function